High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can my son travel out of state to visit me if his mother has an open ACS case?

Q: My son current lives with his mother in NYC, and I live in Kansas City Missouri. His mother recently got into an open ACS case because someone called and said she was taking drugs. He was supposed to come and see me this summer, but now she is saying he isn’t allowed to leave the state with the case being open. I need to know if this is true or another attempt to keep him from me.

A: It depends – if you have a court order of visitation, then I’d suggest you contact the ACS caseworker & let him/her know of the order. You may ultimately need to make an application before the Judge presiding over the neglect petition. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge