High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What can I do to dispute my wifes child support subpoena. We live together and I am on unemployment benefits.

Q: Wife’s friend just served me a subpoena about child support. Live with my wife 24 yr’s , we have a 13 yr old. 

A: Assuming you mean summons, the question is whether her petition also reflects the fact that you’re living together. If yes, then appear on the court date & request that the petition be dismissed, as you’re both de facto custodial parents. Then consider filing for divorce. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network