High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

NYS-How Do I collect Child Support Arrears after child emancipates-His dad owns an LLC.

Q: Child Support ending soon w/arrears. His dad’s consulting’s going thru a dry spell & he consults thru an LLC he owns. How can I collect the arrears owed when they emancipate & the support unit’s involvement ends? How does he pay the arrears if he attends to? 

A: SCU’s involvement shouldn’t end so long as he still owes arrears. That said, you may file an enforcement petition, get a money judgment & then enforce it against any assets he may have. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network