Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Lower Child Support with Increased Salary?

Q: Is it possible to lower child support payments with increased salary when I am already paying a over $ 2,400 in support + Day care expenses? I know it depends on substantial change in circumstances, but is there an upper limit to child support payments? My ex wife makes at least 100 k per year and our combined salary is definitely over 143,000 

A: There is no conceivable upper limit - even the $143,000 cap can be exceeded (often in the greater NYC area,, it may go up to $250,000 or more). The real question is: if your income went up, what are you contending is the "substantial change of circumstances" warranting the court reducing the support? Call a Westchester Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions