High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I’m seeking to relocate from NY to NC two different dads?

Q: The father of my 6 year old we have no court order but he was decleared the father by the court with out dna he does not support my son I do allow the child to spend time with him every other weekend do to his mothers recuest no court order establish of custody or vist .Dad of my 2 year old we have joint custody every other weekend 2 weeks in the summer pays child support. I do have immediate family in NC and a good job offer from the family company itself and house ready I’m a mother of 7 children and New York is really hard to survive even tho I can do it but it would be great for me and my children to have more space they are refusing to let me move.

A: You would need to file petitions against both in Family Court to request that a Judge permit the move. However, be prepared for a process which may last several months (or more) – which is why you may also wish to consider simultaneously filing petitions for increased child support. Checkout my Legal Guide on Relocation factors: https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-fact…– Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network