Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I'm seeking to relocate from NY to NC two different dads?

Q: The father of my 6 year old we have no court order but he was decleared the father by the court with out dna he does not support my son I do allow the child to spend time with him every other weekend do to his mothers recuest no court order establish of custody or vist .Dad of my 2 year old we have joint custody every other weekend 2 weeks in the summer pays child support. I do have immediate family in NC and a good job offer from the family company itself and house ready I'm a mother of 7 children and New York is really hard to survive even tho I can do it but it would be great for me and my children to have more space they are refusing to let me move.

A: You would need to file petitions against both in Family Court to request that a Judge permit the move. However, be prepared for a process which may last several months (or more) - which is why you may also wish to consider simultaneously filing petitions for increased child support. Checkout my Legal Guide on Relocation factors: Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions