High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How likely am I to get custody of my child or what type of evidence would help me in court?

Q: I live in New York but I want to move back to Ohio. My child and his mother live in New York but I want to fight for full custody to be able to take him to Ohio with me. She does not work, she depends on her family for everything including providing for the child. I work, have my own place, no family to fall back on, and I have my son everyday after work. She also has a warrant in another state and was in jail during the pregnancy.

A: It is hard enough to win custody as a non-custodial parent – it is that much harder to win AND get permission to relocate. One would need to assess numerous factors, such as the age of the child & how long the child’s been in her custody, why she was in jail & if there was a conviction, abuse/neglect history, etc. Checkout my Legal Guide on Custody factors: https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-fact…– Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network