Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can we win this?

Q: Just was served papers from my fiancé's ex about us not paying medical expenses. The original agreement from FL stated that she had 30 days from her paying for us to pay her and we had 30 days to provide payment. Case was modified in 2014 to increase child support and increase in percentage he has to pay. We don't pay if it has been past 30 days. She says NY agreement doesn't have a date period of when she must provide receipts. If the court document says Modified doesn't the signed agreement from FL still uphold?

A: If the NY order modified the FL agreement/order, then it would ALSO need to say "modified to the extent of . . ." for some provisions of the FL agreement/order to still be valid. If the NY order does not state same (or substantially similar language), then you may need to file a petition to modify so as to incorporate said language. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions