High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can my boyfriend obtain his divorce if the women is in Honduras and he is in United States

Q: Me and my boyfriend want to get married but he got married in Honduras by the civil and he wants to get divorce here in United States does he have to go back to his country to get divorced because he is not a citizen

A: If she never resided here in the U.S. with him, then the U.S. would not generally have jurisdiction over her. Thus, unless she signs a consent to the divorce & to NY having jurisdiction, then he’ll most likely need to proceed on a divorce over there. Call a Westchester Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge