High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get the car registration from my ex husband for the leased car in his name that I was untitled to use by court order?

Q: In the divorce judgement I was given the car that is leased in my ex husband’s name to drive and use but the registration is expired and my ex husband refuse to renew the registration. ” I don’t know if he renewed it and holding the new registration”. I got two tickets already, how can i I force him to register the car and give it to me?

A: First, you (or your lawyer) should send a demand letter to him. If he refuses to either re-register the car (or put the registration in your name), then you may need to file an order to show cause to request enforcement of the Judgment. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network