High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get an attorney to represent my case if I have no money?

Q: My husband left me and our 11 year old daughter 6 months ago and left me in total debt after 15 years together 6 years 8 months of marriage. He has served me himself physically with an uncontested divorce papers and the info within is false information! How can I obtain a lawyer if I don’t have monies to pay upfront? The attornies I have seen this far want money up front. Is there any programs or so i can go through to get representation? 

A: There are very few programs, though you can check with the Court’s Office of the Self-Represented. Another option is to consider putting the initial fee on a credit card, and then if your husband is makes decent income, perhaps your attorney can seek fee reimbursement from your husband (either by agreement or by court order). Call a Bronx Uncontested Divorce Attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network