High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse


Q: I am American I married my husband in Jamaica – he’s Jamaican. He was denied to come to America to live with me we have been married over 4 years and I would like to divorce him because we cannot live together. Can I divorce him from here in America and if so would it be uncontested?

A: If you were not married in New York, nor did he reside with you in New York as a married couple, then he would need to either consent to jurisdiction of New York or there generally (with some minor exceptions) must be some other basis for NY to have jurisdiction over him. Otherwise, you may need to divorce him in Jamaica. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Uncontested Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge