High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child support modification summons have not been served to me. Should I go to court?

Q: I recently received an order from the court saying that my ex wife will take my son on her employer provided health insurance. Earlier my son was on my health insurance. This order doesn’t say that I should remove my son from my health insurance. When I called the court to ask about this they told me that there was a court date that I did not attend. I told the court clerk that I did not receive any summons. They have put it on calendar for another date. Since I have never been served with the summons, what should i do? Also, the court clerk told me this is in proceeding for modification of child support. I am paying high child support currently and would like to reduce the child support. In what circumstances is this possible?

A: If you’re planning to file your own petition, then you should simply do so & see if they’ll put it on for the same date as the mother’s case. That way you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Call a Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network