Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Will my lawsuit against a trade union succeed.

Q: During my divorce proceeding my Atty got a quadro for me. I assumed that also meant my share of ex husband's annuity acct. After not receiving any cash i called the union they told me I signed a notarized letter stating i did not want any money (who does this). I asked for a copy of said letter which someone had forged my signature. The union never checked with it notified me. How do you think this case will go.also I was married for 32 years the quadro only covered 17 years of the marriage and not the 32, can I get that corrected.

A: You wouldn't necessarily file a lawsuit against the pension. First, one would need to know whether the QDRO was pre-approved by the plan. If it wasn't, then no offense your prior lawyer didn't follow the proper steps. You may also need to file an order to show cause before the divorce judge, as it's ultimately your ex-husband's obligation to pay. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions