High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Will I be able to get back payment (arrears) of my son’s child support now that he is 17 years

Q: My spouse has never paid child support, he did not even mention that we had a child in the divorce case, he promised he will take care, but never kept his promise, now I want to sue for child support in Bronx ,New york what are my chances?

A: If you never had a child support order, then you can’t be awarded arrears. By statute, child support is only awarded retroactive to the date you file for it. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network