Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My child support ends when my children reach the age of 21 in New York state. will Georgia honor that order?

Q: I am considering relocating to Georgia from New York. Do I have to file for child support in Georgia or can I keep my existing order.

A: If you are the recipient of support, then the support will be governed by NY law so long as the non-custodial parent remains living in NY. And so long as its governed by NY law, support ends at age 21 unless otherwise emancipated sooner or extended by valid agreement. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions