High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do they get employer info for Income withholding orders?

Q: My fiance was put on child support from his ex. He placed his current job down when he went to court and showed pay stubs. The case was adjourned and he received a temporary child support order. We just received the copy of the IWO form in the mail and it listed an old employer. Why would they list an old employer on the form. Where did they get this information from? Did they look at his social security security number? And if so why wouldn’t they put the most recent employer down? Is this the employer his ex put down as the last known employment for him?

A: Yes, usually if the support is paid via SCU, they lookup job information using his social security number. Thus, the new employer information should be given to them. For more info, schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney. 

FindLaw Network