High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can child support put a hold on a lawsuit or take money from a auto lawsuit with out worker comp.

Q: My kids mom has been keeping my kids from me and I want to see them so I want to go to court I just don’t want the courts to take from the money. I havent been to court at all yet.

A: If you owe arrears, and they’ve been reduced to a money judgment, then SCU can seize the funds once deposited into a bank account. To my knowledge, they cannot otherwise “put a hold on a lawsuit.” Call a Westchester Family Law attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network