High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can child support get money from my lawsuit?

Q: I’m not on child support yet.
The childs mother is trying to seeve me papers but at my mother’s house and I don’t lI’ve at the location I want to go to court so I can get them but I don’t want them to take some of the money.

A: They can only seize assets if an order is issued, you willfully fail to pay the order, a violation case is filed, you’re found guilty, and a money judgment is issued. Thus, if you deposit the lawsuit proceeds into a bank account, that’s the only way SCU can seize it. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network