Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can child support get money from my lawsuit?

Q: I'm not on child support yet.
The childs mother is trying to seeve me papers but at my mother's house and I don't lI've at the location I want to go to court so I can get them but I don't want them to take some of the money.

A: They can only seize assets if an order is issued, you willfully fail to pay the order, a violation case is filed, you're found guilty, and a money judgment is issued. Thus, if you deposit the lawsuit proceeds into a bank account, that's the only way SCU can seize it. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions