Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What is the best option to reinstate my expired 2017 NYS Drivers License due to Child Support Arrears?

Q: I currently have $16,055.49 due to spotty employment and low paying jobs on and off since the Judgement in early 2000s. Since July 2017, I have obtained steady sufficient employment, I have been paying 750/month ($500 Judgement/$250 arrears) for 1 child from previous marriage. I have since remarried and had 2 other children. As a result of the arrears (or as they put it FAILURE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT), My NY State DL was suspended Issue Date: 2014-02-28 Reinstatement Date: 2016-06-14. It expired 9/14/1978. I have been told by CSE to fill out a net worth affidavit & DMV challenge. then wait 45 days for response. Is this my only course of action to get my License reinstated (despite expiration) or do I have other options?

A: You should indeed submit the challenge form. I'd suggest to await a response from SCU first, and if unsuccessful there, then you may file a petition in Family Court to request that the Magistrate order SCU to give you at least a work-restricted license. Call a Westchester Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions