High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Me and my ex have joint but he isn’t on the birth certificate can I still get a passport for my son or do I need to go to court

Q: We have joint custody and I’m going a family vacation for 3 weeks but he refuses to sign but he isn’t listed as the father on the birth certificate can I still obtain the passport with out him it’s only interrupting one of his weekends what can I do please any advise would be good.

A: Most likely the passport office will not accept the application without his signature – even if his name isn’t on the birth certificate. They’ll either need his signature or an order from the Family Court Judge dispensing with his signature & approving the trip. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network