Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If the child leaves the state does the state lose jurisdiction?

Q: My son's mother took my son to another state after petitioning a Bronx County Family Court for child support. Am I still legally responsible since the child is no longer under the jurisdiction of the state?

A: It depends - if there's been no order issued to date, then the issue would be whether she intends to withdraw & re-file in the other state. The next issue is whether that other state would have proper jurisdiction to issue a support order against you. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions