High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

If I move from the state my kids are in, but have petition for them, can I bring them to my house out of state ?

Q: Me and their mom aren’t together so I’d like to know if she can intervene with my petition for my kids if I try and get them to go to my place when it’s my turn to have them.

A: When you say a “petition for them,” can I gather that you’re petitioning for custody? If so, then generally you can take the children out-of-state on visits on the time you have scheduled for them (unless otherwise prohibited). That said, you should generally let the mother know the address you’re taking them to & a number where she can reach them. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network