High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do i get a neglect charge taken off of my record

Q: At the time my daughter was 16 years old and now she’s 23 plz help me 

A: It depends – do you mean a neglect finding (or plea to a neglect finding) made in Family Court? If so, there’d be no basis to overturn same merely based on the emancipation of the child. If you mean an indicated finding, you generally had up to 90 days to file to challenge the indicated finding. If you did not do so, then it’s unlikely a Judge would permit you to file to “unfound” the case at this point – but you can always take a shot. Call a Westchester Child Abuse defense attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network