Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do i get a neglect charge taken off of my record

Q: At the time my daughter was 16 years old and now she's 23 plz help me 

A: It depends - do you mean a neglect finding (or plea to a neglect finding) made in Family Court? If so, there'd be no basis to overturn same merely based on the emancipation of the child. If you mean an indicated finding, you generally had up to 90 days to file to challenge the indicated finding. If you did not do so, then it's unlikely a Judge would permit you to file to "unfound" the case at this point - but you can always take a shot. Call a Westchester Child Abuse defense attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions