High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do I change or remove something in divorce papers?

Q: Divorce has been signed off an done (11/2017) but a matter seems to be a thorn in my side, the right to first refusal part is turning out to be really not workable and with the other person continuing to be not flexible with anything on this part, even violating her part on this also. If away from our child more than 5 hours the other parent must be notified. Can I have this taken out or changed???

A: You’d need to do 1 of 2 things – (a) file an order to show cause to modify the Divorce Judgment, or (b) if the issue is solely related to custody/visitation, then you may file a modification petition in Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network