High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can i surrender a child that is under direct placement with me under acs supervision in nyc?

Q: My nephew is living with me under direct placement but circumstances have changed between me and my wife and unfortunately we are unable to care for him any longer. We have submitted our 10 day notice to acs and have informed them for over a month now about the situation with no cooperation from them and need to surrender the boy back to them and need to know how to do it asap.

A: If they do not answer, you may need to file a petition in Family Court. What you don’t want to do is just dump the child off, as then you’d be liable for child neglect. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult. 

FindLaw Network