High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I still be able to have my kids around if I move from the state their in?

Q: I’m not with the mother of my kids, but I’m planning to move away with my girlfriend. The fact I love my kids and know the mother will try her best not to let me take them for at least vacations I would like to know what is there possible to do?

A: You can do so. The law gives you the right to have parental access with your children, but no law requires you to do so. Thus, let the mother know where you’re going & continue to update her with address changes. That said, even if you’re not visiting, you still have an obligation to provide child support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network