High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Hi my husband who is not the biological father of my daughter can he adopt her?

Q: My husband had been taking care of my daughter for 5 year her biological father is in the country illegally. He move out when I was almost ready to give birth. Can my husband adopt her.? Family court is unable to locate him to pay child support reason being he is undocumented.

A: Yes, but the Biological Father would need to be served with the Adoption Notice. And ultimately this may be a problem if he can’t be located. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Adoption attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge