High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can my ex obtain a passport without consent

Q: I’m declared the legal father I’m not listed on the birth certificate and no custody order only child support she wants to travel for vacation I don’t want to allow the child to go but can she get the passport or even travel without my consent help please.

A: If there’s no custody order, then most likely she will be denied the passport application & told to go to Family Court. She’d then need to obtain an order of sole custody to dispense with your consent. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge