High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What to do?

Q: My son just turned 22 and I’m still getting payments just found my divorce papers and it was suppose to stop at 21 I’m lost 

A: If you don’t owe any arrears, and your divorce judgment doesn’t extend the time for payment of child support, then file a petition to terminate support with the Family Court. If you wish to suspend the garnishment immediately, file the petition as an order to show cause. Call a Westchester Child Support attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network