High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What is the best way for me to go about a divorce?

Q: I have been separated from my spouse since 1996. We have two children. No property, no accesets nothing together. I am in New York and I believe he is in California.

A: If the children are over 21, and you otherwise satisfy New York’s residency requirements (e.g., residing here for more than 2 years), then you should be able to file for divorce here. If your husband was never a resident of NY and you got married elsewhere, then the only issue the NY court can deal with is that of terminating the marriage. Call a Bronx Uncontested Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge