Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I'm only 19 how can I become my niece and nephews foster parents ?

Q: I am only 19 years old. Currently my mother have custody of my niece and nephew. My mother can no longer Care for my niece and my nephew. My brother which is my niece and my nephews father does drugs and has a drinking problem. Their mother also is unstable doing drugs and drinking as well. She is mentally unstable too. My mother works full time and feels as though she can't take care of them any longer and her husband is very sick. She is going to hand them over to foster care soon . Is there any way for me to become there legal guardian or foster parent? I'm currently about to move in a two bedroom apartment if that makes matters better. 

A: Yes, you can file for custody. You would nevertheless need to prove you have financial resources to enable you to support yourself & the 2 children. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions