Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If I withdrew my no fault divorce action WITH prejudice, am I stuck married for life?

Q: Just before my divorce trial, I agreed to withdraw my no-fault divorce petition if we had a post-nup written up. I agreed to this so we could wait until our youngest graduated high school. The opposing attorney told my attorney to dismiss WITH prejudice and he did. I want to refile mid next year. What does "with" prejudice vs. "without" prejudice mean when pertaining to divorce? We live in New York.

A: "With prejudice" simply means you cannot re-file the same case all over again. But if a new 6-month period accrues in which you deem the marriage "irretrievably broken," then you can file a new divorce case after that period. Call a White Plains Divorce attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions