Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I have custody, what if dad don't sent kids back during visitation?

Q: I live in NY and dad lives in FL, I have custody through the courts , I let dad have the kids for Christmas vacation , now I am worried he won't return the child back before school starts. What can I do if my child is not here on Jan 5th?. I live in NYC Bronx.

A: There are many things: (1) call the Father & demand he return the child, (2) e-mail & text him to that effect, (3) calls the Sheriff's Department and/or Police Dept. in the municipality where he lives, offer to fax down the order & see if they'll intervene, (4) file an emergency order to show cause and/or Writ of Habeas Corpus in Family Court asking for an immediate return of the child. You may ultimately need to go down to Florida to retrieve the child - and you may benefit from having a consultation with an attorney. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions