High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I reduce child support payments for my child who is 18yrs old?

Q: Child works part time,goes to college and pays insurance on a car. Possibly doesn’t live with custodial parent. 

A: Merely because the child doesn’t live with the custodial parent, or works part-time, is not in itself a basis to terminate or reduce child support. The child would need to be fully self-supporting, or getting support from a spouse, etc. Call a White Plains Child Support attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network