Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Arrears debt to welfare, & @ what cost for a lawyer.

Q: I payed off child support, but I'm still being charged for welfare arrears.

A: If you owe arrears to DSS, then pursuant to statute the Court cannot cancel the arrears (in most instances). The only (extremely rare) exception is if you can prove your income was below the poverty line in any given year the arrears accrued - and that same was through no fault of your own (i.e., it cannot be self-imposed poverty). For more info, call a Bronx Child Support attorney. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions