High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Will signing over my rights end my child support ?

Q: My childs mother would like me to sign my rights over,I owe 20-30 thousand to Her (Not the State),I would like to kno will i still have to make payments? 

A: There’s not such thing as surrendering one’s parental rights in New York – outside of the context of an adoption proceeding. This is all the more so if the purpose is to avoid paying child support. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network