Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What can you do if the non-custodial parent has excessive arrears but is making regular payments of less than 30% court order?

Q: My daughter's father makes regular payments to child support that equals about 25% of what he was ordered to pay. Because of this, the other 75% gets added to the arrears which is almost at 36K. This is becoming a real hardship as the amount that he's paying does not even cover half of my daughter's child care expenses. I am starting to get the impression that as long as he is paying something regularly, the Child support enforcement agency is not concerned about the arrears. What can I do to ensure that he at least starts making the required payment 

A: You may file a violation petition. The Court may consider other remedies, such as garnishments, asset seizures - and ultimately consider incarceration of he continues to mount arrears. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions