High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My wife lives overseas and is refusing to give me her address to serve the divorce papers. How can I divorce her?

Q: I am a US citizen in NY, USA. She is in Ethopian now in Ethopia( not part of the Hague Apostille Convention). We have been seperated since 12/2008. We have no kids. I don’t know where she lives. She reaches out to me once in a while and then disappares. How do you serve someone who doesn’t want to be served? 

A: You would need to hire a private investigator in that country to track her down. The Court will require that you make a “diligent search” in an effort to locate her – if the search is unsuccessful, the Court may require you to do publication notice of the summons. Call a Bronx Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge