Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If custody order is vacated and it goes back to trial, can my ex get custody back?

Q: I was granted custody of my son and my ex didn't appear in court due to medical reasons so it's most likely going to be vacated (the custody order) and put back on trial. Does this mean my ex gets our son back in their custody since the order will be void along with the current visitation order? 

A: That depends on many different factors, such as the length of time which has passed, whether circumstances have changed, the stance of the attorney for child, etc - and all that assumes the child was in your ex's custody to begin with. You'd benefit by having an attorney representing you. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions