Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How long does it take to enforce a New York Child Support Order against a noncustodial parent residing in the UK?

Q: My ex moved to the UK and has decided to stop paying child support. He is 18,750 in arrears so far. I filed an open case with the office of child support enforcement in New York, but I am having difficultly getting information on how the process works and how long it takes. I believe I have located his employer and I do have an accurate home address. 

A: Unless the employer has ties to the U.S., or the father has bank accounts with international ties (Most major commercial banks do), then you'd need to enforce the support via the U.S. Office of Child Support Enforcement ( Be sure you've first reduced the arrears to an enforceable money judgment in NY Family Court. Call a Westchester Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions