High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do I get an ACS case closed in NYC?

Q: August 2016 ACS was called because my son was sleeping in class. I took him to a specialist as they requested. He had no sleeping disorder. The sleeping habit was corrected. December 2016 ACS stated I need preventive services which I never received until August 2017. They requested I go to a drug program which I did and I completed it, from March 2016 to June 2016. But my case had nothing to do with drugs or abuse. ACS never requested my information from the drug program. The counselors you to ask if I had a case? Because no one requested My information or checked how I was doing. My worker never came around. Now August 2017 I get a new worker who is making me do this stuff all over again that I already completed. Mind you my son sleeping in school does not happen anymore. 

A: Your compliance with services is voluntary on your part – the only entity who can force you to partake in services is a Family Court Judge. That said, before refusing services it behooves you to have your case reviewed by an attorney. Call a Bronx Child Abuse defense attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge