High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get a copy Of ordered dismissal if one wasn’t drawn up in court ?

Q: My funds are on hold with child support and they stated in order to release my funds that they need a copy of the petition being dismissed and i explained to them that I was never given any papers the judge just said said the custody petition was dismissed because the dad didn’t show up to court after filing the petition for custody against me.

A: I’m not sure what it is they’re claiming they need. If you have a court order of custody & a support order in your favor, and they don’t have any orders to the contrary, what’s the reason (they claim) for the hold? It may behoove you to have your case reviewed by an attorney – call a Westchester Child Custody attorney to schedule an appointment. 

FindLaw Network