Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I get a copy Of ordered dismissal if one wasn't drawn up in court ?

Q: My funds are on hold with child support and they stated in order to release my funds that they need a copy of the petition being dismissed and i explained to them that I was never given any papers the judge just said said the custody petition was dismissed because the dad didn't show up to court after filing the petition for custody against me.

A: I'm not sure what it is they're claiming they need. If you have a court order of custody & a support order in your favor, and they don't have any orders to the contrary, what's the reason (they claim) for the hold? It may behoove you to have your case reviewed by an attorney - call a Westchester Child Custody attorney to schedule an appointment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions