High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Should i cancel the child support order

Q: Child support is only mandating the father pay $25 per kid a month we have 2, so that 50 he doesnt even keep up with bc he doesnt like being mandated by the court & he swears he wud do more if he wasnt obligated. My expenses are way over 50 a month i really cant do anything with that anyway should i just take him off? 

A: If he can afford to pay more, then he should be paying more through the court. Consider getting him on a tape-recording saying he can afford to pay more, then file an upward modification petition & ask for the court to order him to pay more! Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network