High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Order of affiliation was given a almost 2 years ago can he still make the changes with out going to court ?

Q: My son is a year old my husband signed is birth certificate when he was born the bio father took me to court established paternity 5 months later and got an affiliation never did anything my son is still registered with my husband last name and his name is still on the birth certificate my son turned 2 years old on January can I do anything to keep my husbands name on the birth certificate or at least his last name on the child

A: An Order of Filiation does not in itself result in a name change. That said, if the Bio father isn’t visiting the child, you may wish to consider a step-parent adoption case. In such event, call a Bronx Adoption attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge