High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My sons father wants to file taxes for my son can he do it with out asking for my consent?

Q: We have joint custody he has the baby every other weekend pays 50 of child support does he have a right to do it

A: That depends – if beyond joint custody you also have shared custody, then technically you’re both entitled to the deduction. However, because you both can’t take the deduction each year, the proper resolution in such an instance would be to alternate the deduction. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge