Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Just won a motion for my ex to split our child's college per the agreement. Q: Do I have a shot at having my ex pay legal fees?

Q: I forgot to include a request for legal fees in the motion itself. Is it too late to make the request? I was thinking of preparing a motion to recoup legal fees, citing what's in the agreement regarding default. (I sent my ex several 'default notices' in the form of emails with receipts attached.) But I don't want to prepare a motion if it's going to be rejected immediately given that there was no request for legal fees in the motion itself. Advice? 

A: I would not advise to submit the motion yourself, as there are several legal requirements you need to include in the motion which you may/may not be aware of. Generally such a motion should be filed within approximately 35 days of the receipt of the order settling the case (the court may make an exception to this, but certainly you should delay more than a couple of months or so). Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions